Friday, May 20, 2016
This week we finally finished both racquetball challenges (manual and autonomous). The autonomous was definitely the most difficult challenge due to time constraints. Our design had a flaw where the arm would start to fall by itself after a certain point and we didn't give ourselves enough time to fix this. This forced us to have to perfectly position the robot and the pipe so that the arm would drop in the correct spot. On the other hand, our design was rather creative in my opinion and this made the task easier. The arm would grab the ball in front and then swing all the way to the back so that the robot in an arc so that it never had to turn around.