Friday, May 20, 2016
This week we finally finished both racquetball challenges (manual and autonomous). The autonomous was definitely the most difficult challenge due to time constraints. Our design had a flaw where the arm would start to fall by itself after a certain point and we didn't give ourselves enough time to fix this. This forced us to have to perfectly position the robot and the pipe so that the arm would drop in the correct spot. On the other hand, our design was rather creative in my opinion and this made the task easier. The arm would grab the ball in front and then swing all the way to the back so that the robot in an arc so that it never had to turn around.
Monday, May 16, 2016
Finally after nearly a full week of the team being absent we are back together and working on the robot. We got through our coding issue that was holding us back from being able to complete any more challenges. I'm very optimistic about our ability to finish this robot soon and with a good grade on it. Solidworks is due today with the robot completed on it. We've completed solidworks for nearly a week now. Throughout the week we want to complete the racquetball challenge.
Friday, May 13, 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016
This week our goals are to complete the Racquetball challenge (never happening). The past week we have been having problems with our robot. We coded the arm to go up and down but when we press the buttons it goes up and not down. When we switched the motor controller it went down and not up.
UPDATE: We fixed it :).